Our comprehensive 12 hours Paediatric First Aid Course has been designed specifically for individuals who provide care for babies and children under 8 years old.
The course syllabus has been designed in accordance with the UK resuscitation guidelines (2010) and meets the requirements of:
- Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework
- Pre-School Learning Alliance
- NCMA (National Child Minders Association)
- Sure Start
- NVQ in childcare and education
Our twelve-hour course is usually held over two days and all delegates will learn a high level of hands-on skills and theoretical knowledge, delegates can deal promptly and competently with situations that may arise when caring for children and babies. This course is ideal for registered Child Minders in England and Wales as they are required to have a Paediatric First Aid certificate.
This course is suitable for nursery nurses, breakfast clubs, after school clubs, child minders, primary schools, any workers who provides care for babies and children under 8 years old. This course may also be used as evidence for those working towards an NVQ in Child Care and Education (level 3).
The following ranges of subjects are covered:-
- First aid responsibilities / priorities when dealing with emergencies
- Safety precautions within a childcare environment
- Dealing with medication/accident forms/calling for an ambulance & first aid boxes
- Treatment of unconsciousness
- Child & BabyCPR training
- Child & Baby Choking
- Bleeding, shock & hygiene practices
- Recognising & treating of childhood illness
- Bites, stings & poisons
- Burns, scalds & electric shocks
- Sprains, strains & fractures
- Spinal injuries
Requirements: Students are continuously assessed throughout the course.
Assessment is a multiple-choice paper and on-going practical assessment by the course trainer. A 3-year qualification will be issued to those who meet the criteria.
Paediatric First Aid certificates are valid for three years, Response First will send an automatic reminder to both the customer and the Paediatric First Aider three months prior to the expiry date of the certificate.
Your certificates can be renewed, by attending a Paediatric First Aid training course.
Response First runs First Aid at Work courses regularly throughout the NorthWest. For further details on courses near you, call us or simply use our online courses page and find a venue suitable for you.
Response First can also deliver courses at your premises or arrange a course specifically for your requirements. For details contact us and discuss your needs today, we are here to help call us today on 0161 796 7226 or fill in the enquiry form.